The UDI is aimed at organizations from all sectors that want and can work together to develop innovative solutions at system level.
If your project has the following characteristics, we would like you to apply for Challenge-driven innovation:
- meets societal challenges with a systems perspective
- is innovative and needs-driven
- has the potential to create sustainable growth and societal benefits by contributing to the sustainability goals in Agenda 2030
- designed with a gender perspective
Your player constellation:
- is based on active collaboration between different types of actors and contains the organizations that need to be involved for the project to be successful
- has an equal project team
Your project work:
- engages and involves need owners, customers, users and other relevant claimants
- is based on a credible project plan and budget where the activities are linked to project goals as well as desired results and long-term effects
- removes barriers to recovery
- carried out in an equal manner by taking into account the gender distribution and the distribution of power and influence between women and men
These characteristics form the basis of our assessment criteria. In this way, we can already decide in the proposal for Step 1 whether the project fits into the UDI. In the call text, you can read our eligibility requirements and assessment criteria in full.
Funding in three steps
Inom UDI can receive funding for projects in three steps: initiation, collaboration project For the projects to be able to work long-term to solve the complex societal challenges, we grant larger sums in steps 2 and 3.
- In Step 1 initiation, the focus is on developing your idea of innovation and planning for how it will be developed and used. Other important activities are to deepen the needs analysis and to seek collaboration with more actors. In the first step, the project can apply for a maximum of SEK 500,000.
- In Stage 2 collaboration projects, collaboration between the actors and you begin to develop and test your innovative solutions. In the second step, project can apply for a maximum of SEK 10 million.
- Step 3 implementation is about testing and implementing the result / results on a larger scale and in reality. The work also includes laying the foundation for what the business / value model looks like and how distribution and upscaling should take place for utilization. In the third and final step, project can apply for a maximum of SEK 20 million.
To be able to apply for the next step, it is required that the project has been completed and approved in the previous step. New project thus start in step 1. Each step opens for applications once in the spring and once in the autumn.