Eurostars enters a new programming period from autumn 2021 and will continue under Horisont Europa until 2027. A new call for proposals opened on 2 September and will close on 4 November 2021. Please note that a new programming period involves certain adjustments and updates of guidelines for the program and formal eligibility requirements for the applicant.
Read more on Eureka's website
What is the offer about?
Genom Eurostars, you can apply for funding for market-oriented research and innovation projects in all thematic technology areas. Your project should lead to the market introduction of a product, service or process.
Does the offer fit your project?
The projects that receive funding can last up to three years and must be a collaboration between at least two Eurostars countries. See which countries are included on Eureka's website.
The Eurostars project must be coordinated by an innovative SME (SME), but in the project consortium, participating parties can also be from academia, research institutes or a large company.
The Swedish organizations that participate can receive the following compensation rates:
- According to the EU definition, small and medium-sized enterprises can apply for funding corresponding to 50 percent of their costs
- Large companies can apply for funding corresponding to 30 percent of their costs
- Academics, research institutes or the public sector can apply for funding corresponding to 70 percent of their costs.
In addition to complying with Vinnova's general terms and conditions for funding, the Swedish project partners must also meet the following term:
- Companies must be registered as a Swedish limited liability company
- Companies must have a place of business in Sweden
- Activities in the project must be conducted at the Swedish site and the project costs must be borne by the site
- Companies must be registered for employer's contribution
- Companies must have submitted at least 2 annual reports to the Swedish Companies Registration Office
- The most recently registered annual report must show that net sales or equity corresponds to at least half of the amount applied for. The applicant ) must be able to present evidence of this on the closing day when the financial control of the projects begins immediately thereafter. Vinnova will contact the Swedish applicants who need to supplement their proposal with more information / documentation.
Equal project reach a higher level of innovation
Vinnova will work to ensure that the entire population's knowledge and needs are utilized and initiatives that are supported by us will benefit both women and men. Statistics show that innovation projects where men and women have the same power and influence to influence become more successful. We are therefore positive that you account for how gender equality integrated in both how your project group is composed and in the intended result of your project. A project that has been approved for Eurostars financing will in its national proposal to Vinnova need to be supplemented with a gender equality plan.
This is how you apply
- Put together a project proposal that you, together with another Eurostars country, want to apply for Eurostars funding from.
- Check the rules for participation - Eligibility Guidelines, on Eurostars website.
- SMEs check that they meet the EU definition of SMEs.
- Feel free to contact the support office EUSME, which provides free expert advice for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that are to apply for funding from the EU programs Horizon 2020 and Eurostars.
- Check eligibility requirements and read instructions for how to write proposal - Application guidelines.
- Submit proposal to Eurostars program portal
- Wait for the assessment of proposal
- If the project is successful and is approved for funding, Vinnova will contact the Swedish part of the project to submit a national proposal to Vinnova
Start well in advance
Keep in mind that it may take time to make a proposal, so start well in advance. Read more about the application process on our Eurostars page.